Hi There - I'm New to this group!!!

Glennzo

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Hi All,
My name is Glenn Bickerton, residing in Cape Town South Africa. Very excited to be on this forum, this is a great place to learn and see others peoples chickens.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens as a child, up until age 12. I reignited my passion for chickens last year and got some hens. I am now 39 years old.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
11 Chickens
(3) What breeds do you have?

1 x Black Australorp Hen
1 x Blue Leghorn Hen
1 x Black Star Leghorn type Hen
2 x Rhode Island Red/ New Hampshire Red/ Lohmann Brown Hens (These two don't look thorough bred at all)
1 x Black Australorp cross Buff Orpington Hen
3 x Lohmann Brown cross Potch Koekoek chicks (Could Also have Americana in them) (12 weeks old)

2 x Potch Koekoek hens (12 weeks old)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love that I can have fresh eggs every day
Chickens for me represent a time in my life that I had no where to turn to, and was always able to to turn to my chickens (I feel that they are very intelligent beings and have never experienced aggression towards me)
My 3 year old and I get to share a chore, and a passion - he loves the girls and he must feed them and help dad clean the coop.

I love that when I come home from a hard day at work, that I can go with my son and chill in the chicken run.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love walking my dog
Reading
Cooking
Going out to restaurants and cafe's with my wife and son.
Watching Movies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a demand planner for a Food retail Giant.
I have a wife and a 3 year old son
I have a Jack Russel
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have always reffered to BYC for answers, I now want to post Pics of my chickens and share my girls with the world.

Back
Top Bottom