Hi there..... new member

bbbarra

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 21, 2013
Angelus Oaks, CA
Hi all... Just got into this backyard chicken thing a few months ago and I am hooked!! I have 3 hens... a Rhode Island red named Over Easy, a barred rock named Marilyn Eggroe and a brown leghorn named Spazzy. I did have 3 others but due to a hungry bear my flock is down to 3 now with crazy electric fence around their coop at night... they free range in our 1/2 acre yard with our beagle!

Welcome! I have found our Beagles to be good guard dogs, only this morning they took off after a grey fox over by the coop!
I'm sure you will find a wealth of info. & new friends here, Sue

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png
- I worry about bears, they are really tough to keep out, but I hear electric fencing will work if it is good and hot.

Welcome. Greetings from south Florida. Not a problem with bears where I am at but my dogs have killed plenty of possum and racoon. Only have two roosters right now.

Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC. Yikes, Bears. Electric fence sounds like a good idea. Sorry about the loss of your other three girls.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about your losses. The electric fence should keep the bear (and other predators) at bay though.

Back
Top Bottom