hi there newbie here

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by karengrace, May 25, 2011.

1. karengrace

karengrace Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm newbie in raising baby chicks and as well I am planning to have hens. I don't have enough knowledge with this so please bear with me if you see me asking questions in your post. I hope you'll also help me answer all my questions so that I will be able to make this right.

Looking forward hearing from you guys, I will be reading posts here as I will be able to learn a lot here.

Thank you so much.

Have a great day. [​IMG]

Karen Grace

2. sonally

sonally Out Of The Brooder

Welcome. I am new as well. I have 6 2 week old chicks in my brooder box in the dining room! I have learned so much. My babies are happy and healthy because of all that I am learning here! How many chicks do you have?

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Hi Karen and [​IMG]. You have started down the road to an addiction with no cure! Lots of good people on here who will patiently answer your questions. What kind of chicks do you have and how many? I have 8 laying hens, 6 silkie kids and 5 silkie babies in the brooder.

4. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Welcome! I was a newbie not too long ago, never raised chickens before, and a bit picky about everything..so, I found myself in the right place! These guys and gals are awesome! Don't be afraid to ask any question, no matter what. Stephanie

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] Beware the addiction! [​IMG] I started out wanting a few Silkies-I now have Silkies, Orpingtons, quail, 3 kinds of ducks, meat birds, turkeys, and 2 Emu chicks! [​IMG]

6. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Yes, it's def a sickness! I started with 6..thought I had 3 WL and 3 NHR..turned out I had 3 white broilers and 3 NHR roos! Back to square one..got 10 hens from a friend and now have 7 beautiful pullets and an awesome little bantam cockerel. Yes, there will be more! Sorry, honey!

7. mcf3kids

mcf3kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Welcome - I am a newbie too - as of this morning I have 22 two+ week old chicks in my brooder. It is really easy to search through prior posts with the search feature to learn a lot from these boards. It is easy to read for hours here so beware!! [​IMG] I also found some books at my library to read and found a great one at Tractor Supply Co. Good luck and [​IMG]

8. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Be afraid of Tractor Supply..be very afraid! I only go in for feed now, but I'm still glad the the babies are gone so I'm no longer tempted!

9. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    [​IMG] feel free to ask any questions you have. everyone here is great and so helpful.

10. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    If I may be so bold as a newbie myself, Welcome Karengrace! [​IMG]
    Lots of great information here on anything chickeny!
    Pay heed to the warnings of "Chicken Math"! It's true! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by