hi there newbie here

karengrace

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm newbie in raising baby chicks and as well I am planning to have hens. I don't have enough knowledge with this so please bear with me if you see me asking questions in your post. I hope you'll also help me answer all my questions so that I will be able to make this right.

Looking forward hearing from you guys, I will be reading posts here as I will be able to learn a lot here.

Thank you so much.

Have a great day.
smile.png

Karen Grace

Welcome. I am new as well. I have 6 2 week old chicks in my brooder box in the dining room! I have learned so much. My babies are happy and healthy because of all that I am learning here! How many chicks do you have?

Hi Karen and
welcome-byc.gif
. You have started down the road to an addiction with no cure! Lots of good people on here who will patiently answer your questions. What kind of chicks do you have and how many? I have 8 laying hens, 6 silkie kids and 5 silkie babies in the brooder.

Welcome! I was a newbie not too long ago, never raised chickens before, and a bit picky about everything..so, I found myself in the right place! These guys and gals are awesome! Don't be afraid to ask any question, no matter what. Stephanie

welcome-byc.gif
Beware the addiction!
big_smile.png
I started out wanting a few Silkies-I now have Silkies, Orpingtons, quail, 3 kinds of ducks, meat birds, turkeys, and 2 Emu chicks!
th.gif

Yes, it's def a sickness! I started with 6..thought I had 3 WL and 3 NHR..turned out I had 3 white broilers and 3 NHR roos! Back to square one..got 10 hens from a friend and now have 7 beautiful pullets and an awesome little bantam cockerel. Yes, there will be more! Sorry, honey!

Welcome - I am a newbie too - as of this morning I have 22 two+ week old chicks in my brooder. It is really easy to search through prior posts with the search feature to learn a lot from these boards. It is easy to read for hours here so beware!!
ep.gif
I also found some books at my library to read and found a great one at Tractor Supply Co. Good luck and
welcome-byc.gif

If I may be so bold as a newbie myself, Welcome Karengrace!
frow.gif

Lots of great information here on anything chickeny!
Pay heed to the warnings of "Chicken Math"! It's true!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom