hi there!

vintage

Songster
Feb 25, 2021
Ky
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I'm a chicken newbie

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
none yet, I've been researching as we plan to get chickens within the next month or so

(3) What breeds do you have?
n/a

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
n/a

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
crafting, home decor, reading, cooking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a family of five with a dog and a bunny

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
from a general web search about chick care

I honestly have no idea! I am so incredibly new to all of this. We moved out to the country about a year ago and have been talking about chickens ever since. I haven't even considered the breed, any suggestions?
start with a basic six bird flock but plan for more. Chicken math (describes when someone doesnt mean to get more chickens when they start but they end up doing so anyways) is a real thing, and it'll hit you. You can do orpingtons-they're super fluffy and do great in the cold, barred rocks- they're always super sweet and pretty soft too, wyandottes, which are just the prettiest birds no matter what you get, and Autralorps- i recommend the black ones, just gorgeous. you can really do whatever you want though, just check whatever place you're ordering from and go from what they have. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom