Hi there!

ChickalettasMom

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2023
Hi! I’m new to the forum and new to having chickens in my yard! We have 7 hens and a rooster. I have a hodge podge of breeds right now including bielefelders, Rhode Island reds, Easter eggers and a barred rock. I love how relaxing it is sitting and watching them free range. They each have their own personalities and are so special. The eggs are an added bonus! I have 3 kids and a husband, we have a cat who is very jealous of the chickens lately. I worked in the poultry processing industry for years and so I’m excited to learn this aspect of raising chickens. I’ve known about BYC for awhile because I have friends that are members but finally joined since I have my own flock!

Hi! I’m new to the forum and new to having chickens in my yard! We have 7 hens and a rooster. I have a hodge podge of breeds right now including bielefelders, Rhode Island reds, Easter eggers and a barred rock. I love how relaxing it is sitting and watching them free range. They each have their own personalities and are so special. The eggs are an added bonus! I have 3 kids and a husband, we have a cat who is very jealous of the chickens lately. I worked in the poultry processing industry for years and so I’m excited to learn this aspect of raising chickens. I’ve known about BYC for awhile because I have friends that are members but finally joined since I have my own flock!
Glad you joined us at BYC!
:ya
There is SO much information here, try to not be overwhelmed.

Please post pictures, we'd love to see your flock, including the jealous cat. ;)

Back
Top Bottom