Hi there

Doreen

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
I am Doreen and I am new...
My husband and I just bought some land to do some organic gardening and to raise chickens for the eggs.

I am still in the process of packing and hope to get to our new place ....3000 miles away...by September 1st.
We plan on spending the winter figuring out how to raise chickens.
We are moving a fairly cold climate so we will need hardy chickens. Any help would be appreciated.
Look forward to getting to know you all.
Doreen

frow.gif
from San Diego! There is a lot to learn so it doesn't hurt to start reading up now to be prepared down the road. There are lots of different ways of doing things so just have fun with it!!

welcome-byc.gif
from British Columbia, Canada

Once you get settled at your new home, go to the local feed store. They are a great source of information and often have a bulletin board with ads selling chickens (some even sell chicks; you can also find out about local farms that sell meat, produce, etc.
wink.png
).

welcome-byc.gif
from WI....Good luck with your move! At least you will have some time and a place to do some research on breeds, coops/runs etc for whatever climate you will live in. There are quite a few coldhardy breeds, many great coop designs and lots of info on just about anything chicken and egg related
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom