Hi there!

hickchick1980

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 10, 2013
Marion, KY
I'm a new chicken mom (or I guess grandma, since the chickens actually belong to my kids) in western KY. We have three ladies that we picked up Saturday, all different breeds (and I have no idea what they are, but I'll post pictures eventually and find out lol). One is laying regular sized eggs, one just started laying and gives small eggs, and one is not quite to laying yet, but should start any time, as she was hatched in April. My kids are loving their new responsibilities, and we're hoping to use this as a gateway to not only more chickens, but also goats, in the future. (Have to convince the mister that it's worth it.) We also plan on adding a rooster next year to perhaps start trying to hatch our own chicks.

I've been reading on the forums and through the articles here for months in preparation of getting our own birds, and I finally decided to go ahead and join, since I'm on here so much anyway. The information here has been invaluable to me so far, and I look forward to learning more and actually getting to know those whose pictures and information I've been utilizing all this time. :)

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Back
Top Bottom