Hi to all from Oxford

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by major, Jan 6, 2012.

1. major

major Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2012
    Hi every one [​IMG]

I'm very new to chickens but I've always wanted some one day, I came here about 6 mounts ago and I'v been hooked ever since, after 3 days of reading up I started bilding a coop for 2 Hens (Ok i told the girlfriend it was for 2 but more like 3 lol) lucky for me my girlfriend knows CAD like the back of her hand so I told her what I wanted and in a puff of smoke I had a set of plans to work from, I cant add any pick yet but i will as soon as the forum will let me, as im new :-(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I now have 4 hens ,K,F,C / Splat / and the chicken with no name! all lovingly named by my girls, I got a 4th last week from my brother who phoned me up asking did i want some chickens! to which I said...
    Um I,v got 3 why have you got one then, To my shock he come out with nope 34, He told me that he got them from a friend because they did not lay any more as they are over a year old!
    so I popped round to his house thinking he was pulling my leg but nope 34 chickens running around his garden, I Looked at them and said OMG they look like Ameraucana/Araucana I was looking for one of them do they lay blue eggs? he told me they did lay blue and green eggs but they don't lay any more, I sat him down and told him his chickens where moulting, I spent the next 5 hours building a coop and pen for his chickens and for all my hard work i came home with my 4th chicken "Ice-cream" I don't know my chickens that well to know if she is a Ameraucana / Araucana or just an ester egger

So That's me and my 4 chickens.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!
    Chickens keep on laying eggs way over one year, I'm sure after they molt they will all start laying eggs again. If you provide stress free house and feed the chickens will be happy, happy chickens lots of eggs!

4. major

major Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2012
    Quote:I must have 3 happy Chickens as they give me 3 eggs a day [​IMG]

5. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    [​IMG]

Great looking coop and run!

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

beautiful job on the coop.

[​IMG]

Imp

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    [​IMG]...see you got the chicken math right.....told GF 2 but you was thinking 3 but got 4 ....you get an "A+" on your chicken math....[​IMG]

9. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

10. major

major Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2012
    Quote:[​IMG] There is still more to come.! i told the GF i need to make to coop bigger! we all no what that means [​IMG] shhhh don't tell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by