Hi to all from Oxford

major

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
Hi every one
wink.png

I'm very new to chickens but I've always wanted some one day, I came here about 6 mounts ago and I'v been hooked ever since, after 3 days of reading up I started bilding a coop for 2 Hens (Ok i told the girlfriend it was for 2 but more like 3 lol) lucky for me my girlfriend knows CAD like the back of her hand so I told her what I wanted and in a puff of smoke I had a set of plans to work from, I cant add any pick yet but i will as soon as the forum will let me, as im new :-(

115507_me_coop.png

115507_coop1.jpg

115507_coop2.jpg

115507_img_2306.jpg

115507_img_2314.jpg

115507_coop_4.jpg

115507_done_2.jpg

115507_done_3.jpg

I now have 4 hens ,K,F,C / Splat / and the chicken with no name! all lovingly named by my girls, I got a 4th last week from my brother who phoned me up asking did i want some chickens! to which I said...
Um I,v got 3 why have you got one then, To my shock he come out with nope 34, He told me that he got them from a friend because they did not lay any more as they are over a year old!
so I popped round to his house thinking he was pulling my leg but nope 34 chickens running around his garden, I Looked at them and said OMG they look like Ameraucana/Araucana I was looking for one of them do they lay blue eggs? he told me they did lay blue and green eggs but they don't lay any more, I sat him down and told him his chickens where moulting, I spent the next 5 hours building a coop and pen for his chickens and for all my hard work i came home with my 4th chicken "Ice-cream" I don't know my chickens that well to know if she is a Ameraucana / Araucana or just an ester egger

So That's me and my 4 chickens.

115507_chickens.jpg

Last edited:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington State glad you joined us!
Chickens keep on laying eggs way over one year, I'm sure after they molt they will all start laying eggs again. If you provide stress free house and feed the chickens will be happy, happy chickens lots of eggs!

Quote:
I must have 3 happy Chickens as they give me 3 eggs a day
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
...see you got the chicken math right.....told GF 2 but you was thinking 3 but got 4 ....you get an "A+" on your chicken math....
big_smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
There is still more to come.! i told the GF i need to make to coop bigger! we all no what that means
wink.png
shhhh don't tell

Back
Top Bottom