Hi Y'all 👋

Hi!! My name is Tracy, just turned 55 years young, I live in the Florida Panhandle, now lovingly called.. The cone of uncertainty!! [If you get hurricanes, you'll understand this 😆] my area is also called L.A. as in Lower Alabama.

Until November 6th I had a flock of 40+ chickens and call ducks, most of my chickens were incubated and hatched in January 2020, some in the spring.. I incubated and hatched 9 beautiful call ducks from my pair of ducks in the spring and early summer.. I had just gotten 2 BIG hens.. I lovingly named the Bertha Butt Sisters! They gave me my first double yolker... I had some girls just started to lay... my beautiful Big Red ❤ and Sir Lancelot... in a smaller area I have 4 red sexlink hens, and a roo I hatched out in January .

However... this is 2020 and people are mean, deranged and pure hateful :mad: While I was in Colorado for my sons surgery, the day before I was going to be home... someone... not a predator, a Monster waste of Human flesh, trespassed onto my property and entered my 6ft privacy fence gate into my chicken yard, in broad daylight and slaughtered all but 2 of my babies...one adolescent Roo, and one Hen in my main flock are all that survived.. 🤬😪
I am here to learn more and more about my chickens, my coops, signs of illness, how chickens die, etc. Knowledge is power... and I want to be a good powerful chicken momma..
I have 3 children a son who is 38 I turned 17 the day they induced my labor 1982 and he was born 2 days and 21 hours later...my Daughter is 36 born ON her due date..1984, my Baby boy is now 35, born exactly 2 weeks to the day of my 20th birthday 12 days after his Brother's 3rd birthday and 15 months after his sister.. I have 10 grandchildren ages ranging from 18 to 3 my grandloves are my blessings in life.

I have my Wynter who's a rescue from Tucson AZ. I've had her since she was 4.5 lbs she's an Australian Shepherd Lab mix. She's 5 years old.
Sadly I lost my beautiful female Husky Dallas, she also was a rescue, 3 years old.. the morningthat my chickens were slaughtered, she apparently got out of my yard and was hit and killed... I have been devastated 😢 💔 😭
I also raise rabbits, at one time I over 50 😲
I have downsized a lot! I now have 3 breeding pairs, so 6 is good ....
I don’t see things getting better in the near future, I have been learning self sufficient living, canning, sstorage, fermentation, dehydrating, my dream is to one day be able to buy a Freeze Dryer..
I am thinking of selling my home, and moving to Missouri, or Pennsylvania to try and get off grid and homestead, grow my food... a dream... but who knows...

Sorry for the rattling on... I hope to learn, and share what I have learned in the last 2.5 years with my chickens... gonna hopefully start rebuilding my flock...
y'all be blessed, or be a blessing...
Redneck-Panda
🐼
As I WELCOME you to BYC, I am sadden to read of the rootless killings. That is deplorable to say the least and I am sorry about your "Dallas" too. That's sad enough but on top of your flock!! Oh my. too much sadness for me in one day.
Lets move on to the bright side.
We are glad you joined BYC. We are a very knowledgeable group from around the globe and you have come to the right place to talk, learn and receive support. I had to laugh about the L.A. part because, you are correct about that and have had your fair share of storms this year. Thankfully, this terrible year on many fronts will soon pass and hopefully we can start new.
Hope your sons surgery went well.

Back
Top Bottom