theorganicchick

Chirping
Jan 10, 2023
Hill Country Texas
Hi y'all!

My name is Hayley and I've had my girls for about 3 years now. My husband (the Chicken Daddy) and I hand raised our flock. Were hoping to add a few more this spring!
I have 7 girls, all different breeds from Black Sex-Link (penguin), Brahma (Brahma Mama), Silver Lace Wyandotte (pictured in my profile pic, that's Ethel), Blue Lace Red Wyandotte(Dixie), an Easter Egger(easter), Welsummer(summer), and a blue Andalusian(Lucy). I love my girls and their personalities, they are so fun! I enjoy caring for the birds and we enjoy the benefits of fresh eggs.

I'm also a gardener, both ornamental and vegetable. I live in Central Texas with my husband, two aussiedoodles, our flock of girls and our garden!
I've been cruising BYC for a year now and I finally decided to join because I think its a lot more fun than Facebook! Lol I've learned quite a bit from the forums and articles and I wanted to be a part of a community that enjoys teaching and learning.

I also enjoy eating as organic as possible and gardening organically makes sense anyway! We've raised our girls on organic feeds and include organic vegetable scraps every now and then for them to enjoy. I have noticed health benefits from both my birds and myself when on an organic diet. You are what you eat!

Thanks for having me!

Attachments

• tempImageYt7eib.png
    tempImageYt7eib.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImagefED7rX.png
    tempImagefED7rX.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImageRkVIBl.png
    tempImageRkVIBl.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 3
  • tempImageVAAGTi.png
    tempImageVAAGTi.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 3
  • tempImage6ueKWC.png
    tempImage6ueKWC.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImagelbRVA6.png
    tempImagelbRVA6.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 3
Hi y'all!

My name is Hayley and I've had my girls for about 3 years now. My husband (the Chicken Daddy) and I hand raised our flock. Were hoping to add a few more this spring!
I have 7 girls, all different breeds from Black Sex-Link (penguin), Brahma (Brahma Mama), Silver Lace Wyandotte (pictured in my profile pic, that's Ethel), Blue Lace Red Wyandotte(Dixie), an Easter Egger(easter), Welsummer(summer), and a blue Andalusian(Lucy). I love my girls and their personalities, they are so fun! I enjoy caring for the birds and we enjoy the benefits of fresh eggs.

I'm also a gardener, both ornamental and vegetable. I live in Central Texas with my husband, two aussiedoodles, our flock of girls and our garden!
I've been cruising BYC for a year now and I finally decided to join because I think its a lot more fun than Facebook! Lol I've learned quite a bit from the forums and articles and I wanted to be a part of a community that enjoys teaching and learning.

I also enjoy eating as organic as possible and gardening organically makes sense anyway! We've raised our girls on organic feeds and include organic vegetable scraps every now and then for them to enjoy. I have noticed health benefits from both my birds and myself when on an organic diet. You are what you eat!

Thanks for having me!
Thanks for joining!

I'm still planning the run/coop, but getting serious. My last flock was 30 years ago.

Hi y'all!

Thanks for having me!
Welcome to BYC!! Beautiful flock!

Back
Top Bottom