Hi Y'all!!

watertowngal

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Tennessee
Jules here, and I'm a newbie to this forum, although I'm not a newbie to raising chickens. We have a small farm here in the hills of Tennessee, and I drive a school bus during the week and a tour bus on the weekends in Nashville for a living. I am originally from Nashville and moved to the country about 8 years ago.....love it!! Always considered myself a horse person (and I still am), but since I started raising chickens a few years ago, I guess you can also say I'm a chicken person too...lol! I started out with 6 Black Sex Link hens, and have since added other breeds.....mostly brown egg layers as well as some blue egg layers (Ameraucanas). This year I bought several new breeds (to me). Mostly Silver Laced Wyandottes, some Buff Orpingtons and some Delawares. I also bought two Swedish Blue ducks, and sad to say, one of them has a deformed bill, but it is eating and drinking ok, so maybe it will work out. I also own some Muscovy ducks that hang out at my 1/2 acre pond. I really enjoy my birds, and hope to add some geese and maybe some peafowl at some point, but between the chickens, guineas, ducks, horses, dogs and goats, my feed bill is already astronomical, so I will probably wait a bit for that. Selling my eggs at the Nashville Farmer's Market helps a lot......people will pay the big $$ for organic, free range eggs and that's a good thing!! On top of all that, I am also a professional artist (colored pencil and acrylic) and make my own soap and body products, so I stay pretty busy...lol!!!
Anyway, I liked the looks of this forum, and I found it very informative, so I am looking forward to sharing my insights and learning new things from like-minded people who enjoy raising chickens as much as I do!

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the buy, sell trade forum on BYC. It also has a section for "everything else," like craft items etc you want to sell.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Lots of horse people turn chicken people here. LOL You will run into a lot of horse owners here on BYC. I used to keep them myself, but at my age, I think poultry is more my speed now.
tongue.png

Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a really busy farm! Good luck with all your projects!

Back
Top Bottom