hi y'all

this is Twinkle

this guy right here who we were told he was a female but he was a male. Had to become dinner. We couldn't have roos in town and no one wanted a pet rooster.

this is Twinkle
She's pretty. I like the wheaten (I'm not really sure that's what it's called) coloring on her back and the blue up around her neck and head. =)

Dot and Monique
Oh, nice. I like that all three of your EEs are different colorations! That's how my golden comets were. Now I only have the lightest and the darkest. They're still good layers at 3 years old though!

this is my son's hen who had the tray of the coop on her head and it killed her.
Oh, gosh! I'm so sorry!!! It's hard to lose one, especially when it "belongs" to our kids. My DS has lost several chickens too. He just picks another one to be "his" (the rest of the chickens are half his and half mine). lol

this guy right here who we were told he was a female but he was a male. Had to become dinner. We couldn't have roos in town and no one wanted a pet rooster.
Roosters are notoriously difficult to rehome. I'm sorry you ended up on the wrong side of the chicken lottery. Last summer, every "pullet" I got from this one neighbor ended up being a cockerel (well, there were two that were actually pullets, but they were part of pairs and neither pair made it anyway).
At least he'll taste good! =) (trying to look on the bright side) ((Hugs))

She's pretty.  I like the wheaten (I'm not really sure that's what it's called) coloring on her back and the blue up around her neck and head. =)

Oh, nice.  I like that all three of your EEs are different colorations!  That's how my golden comets were.  Now I only have the lightest and the darkest.  They're still good layers at 3 years old though!

Oh, gosh!  I'm so sorry!!!  It's hard to lose one, especially when it "belongs" to our kids.  My DS has lost several chickens too.  He just picks another one to be "his" (the rest of the chickens are half his and half mine).  lol

Roosters are notoriously difficult to rehome.  I'm sorry you ended up on the wrong side of the chicken lottery.  Last summer, every "pullet" I got from this one neighbor ended up being a cockerel (well, there were two that were actually pullets, but they were part of pairs and neither pair made it anyway).
At least he'll taste good! =)  (trying to look on the bright side)  ((Hugs))

I have another EE. She looks like the black one but slightly different.

Back
Top Bottom