Hi Y'all!!!!

AjaxCochrane

Hatching
Mar 1, 2015
Central Arkansas
Hey there, folks! I'm Ajax from Central AR, been messing with chickens, turkeys etc on and off since I was seven. After a three year furlough from coop 3 in 2011 (I think), I got some new chickens last year because I missed the taste of eggs fresh from the nest, and the sight of biddies scratching contentedly in the yard and following me around. Well the eight fluffy darlings from Atwood's, for reasons unknown, took a dislike to me and were never really pets. So I leave them to themselves, but I can't complain because they produce fabulous eggs. Long story short, I lost my big fluffy Lab this past winter (don't worry, he didn't die I just had to give him away due to a lack of space and a tightened work schedule) and I needed a pet. Our family has been bringing home chickens and ducks on and off for the past two weeks, so today I made my pilgrimage to the feed store and ended up with three baby ducks and five silver little Cochins. Hopefully I'll be getting some pictures soon!!!!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck with your new chicks and ducks!

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Good luck with your new chicks! I've kept several Cochins, and really enjoyed their personalities.
smile.png

@Wyandottes7 I had one black Cochin about seven years ago, sweetest chicken ever she was my baby. Two of the current egg layers are Buff Brahmas but they're not as sweet natured.

Back
Top Bottom