Hi!

raurawarrior

Hatching
Sep 11, 2015
Milton, Vermont
Hi!

I'm raurawarrior! I actually joined a little while ago but I haven't gotten the chance to go on the site since. So, allow me to introduce myself!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My family first got chickens about 6 years ago. My mom introduced the idea and we've had them ever since!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 15 right now. We first started off with a flock of twelve, but lost six to sickness and raccoons. Then when all the birds in the first flock were about 3 we got a second flock of twelve more birds. We then added 8 more just last spring.

(3) What breeds do you have?

The first flock we had consisted of 6 Rhode Island Reds (Annabelle, Melbajane, Autumn, Ruby, Red, and Jewel) and 6 Barred Rocks (Allison, Roxy, Silver, Flopsy, Hawksy, and Birchwood). The second flock has 2 Speckled Sussex (Precious and Luka), 2 Buff Orpingtons (Venus and Sweetheart), 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes (Esperanza and Snow White), 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes (Crystal and Wings), and 4 Ameraucanas (Fawn, Angel, Spring, and Zoboomafoo). The third flock has 2 Black Australorps (Loki and Ebony), 2 White Leghorns (Ivory and Skadi), 2 Ameraucanas (Lily and Luna), and 2 Black Sex Links (Milkyway and Andromida). I hope to get a flock of breeding Cochins next.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I found out about BackYardChickens.com through breed research. This site has great information!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I sing, act, dance, read, write, and draw. I'm a techie, and a big geek for Star Wars and Marvel!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family and I live in Vermont. I am the oldest of two. We have 4 betta fish and two cats, Patches and Freckles.

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to become a part of such a great community!

Ciao!
raurawarrior

welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you have a nice (and growing) flock! If you'd like to share a photo, we'd like to see it (pictures are always fun).

You might want to say hello to other members in VT. You can find your state thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC - sounds like you are well on your way into the obsession of chicken keeping and have a lovely flock with great plans for moving forward -- are you planning to work with bantam or large fowl cochin?

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us
frow.gif

all the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom