Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ally67, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Ally67

Ally67 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Hi I'm Ally, from Brisbane Australia, I did have an account here a while ago, bit can't remember details, so I've signed up again.

I have two girls who are my avatar pic, the brown one is Nuggets, named by my 20somthing daughter lol, I've had her since she hatched at my work, I work in aged care and they had a company set up a hatchery so the residents could watch the eggs hatch, and interact with the chicks, after a while, the staff were given the option to adopt and I had 4, the other three turned out to be boys, who went to live on acreage,

Luck arrived in my garden one day and despite advertising, no one came and claimed her, so she ended staying and keeping Nuggets company, could anyone tell me what breed she is please ? [​IMG]

In time my husband is making a smaller coop so that I can introduce another two girls, and then my flock will be complete. [​IMG]

2. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, Ally, welcome to BYC. I can't help you with identifying your chicken, but there is a section on the forums dedicated to chicken breeds, so I suggest you start a thread there. Anyway, hope to see you around :)

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    picture is too tiny to be of any use. If you get some good photos, post at "what breed or gender is this."

1 person likes this.
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Love the name Nuggets! LOL

You might get a closer picture of your birds and post in our What Breed and Gender forums for more help...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ally and welcome to BYC.

Best wishes
    Ct

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by