Hi!!!

Jen1117595

Hatching
Nov 20, 2016
I just joined because I now own my very first chicken. She is only about 2 months old, give or take, and I wanted someplace to go if I have any questions, which I do.

Well, this is the place!! Be sure to check out the learning center thread. Everything that you need to know about chicken raising is there. Glad you joined and welcome

She did have company, 7 more, but somehow, one way or another, they disappeared. I think someone let them out, seeing as we have prowlers in our neighborhood that cause mischief. When I discovered them missing, she was the only one left, sitting by herself under the brood lamp! I suspect she stayed under the lamp because 1, the weather is cooling off here in Florida (U.S.) and 2, she was about a week younger than the others, and they didn't need the lamp as much as her. So, I brought her onto our back porch and until she gets older and has her first full molt, here she'll stay!

You ought to file a missing chickens report. Seven is too many to disappear. Also you need locks on run gate, coop etc. or you will end up with no chickens.

You ought to file a missing chickens report. Seven is too many to disappear. Also you need locks on run gate, coop etc. or you will end up with no chickens.

G’Day from down under Jen1117595
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so sorry to read that you lost some of your chickens. How long ago was it? Chickens can go into hiding if they get a scare and they may be doing that. I hope they turn up and please let us know if they do.

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hello, Jen, and :welcome! Pleased you joined us! I agree with Diva....sounds like a predator is stealing your birds. Might want to look into some predator proofing so you're not down to zero! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear about the missing chickens. Your lone little one will do better with more of her own kind, chickens are flock animals. But as other greeters have said, I'd make sure your coop and run are very secure before adding more birds.

Best of luck to you, thanks for joining us!

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom