Hi!

baseballmomof3

Hatching
Apr 2, 2020
Hi all! Im new here! So, I thought I would introduce myself.... I am a full-time working mom of 3 busy kids. 1 that just graduated (3 months early, thanks to COVID-19), 1 in middle school and 1 in elementary school. I work in Artificial Intelligence.
And, here is my questionnaire

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens as a child, living on a farm... but married a city boy. My teenager came home with a hen about a month ago then he took my younger 2 to pick out chicks at the Feed and Seed, so now we have 3 baby chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

See previous answer 🙃

(3) What breeds do you have?

The chicks are an Americauna, a buff Orpington and a Rhode Island Red

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They are fun, and I love teaching my kids about farm life and where their food comes from. There is also nothing better than fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a ballpark mom and taxi driver. As for personal hobbies, well, those will come when the kids are grown 🤣

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Family of 5 with 4 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 1 hen and 3 chicks. I work in AI for a bank and absolutely love what I do.... due to COVID-19, I will now be homeschooling for the next 3 months as well. We will see how this goes.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC by googling a few things about the chicks! I decided to join because it seems to be a great resource!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

A28C1D71-DD8F-41D7-83B4-64AC77F80C23.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom