Hi!

Yeah, they are so young I think your instincts are right on. It could be something like the feed they have isn't balanced right, or the heat is high and they are stressed. I have the same addiction as you, it's just really relaxing! Our gal that died was almost a year old, she was a Buff orp in Phoenix, AZ. The vet said it could have been a combination of heat stress, overeating, potentially a slight vitamin deficiency from the constant drinking and panting. Just lots of variables, you know? You sound very aware of your girls' habits, which is so awesome :).
Sorry to hear about your loss! I live in Missouri, the weather has been in the 70s lately but of course you never know. I feed a mix of starter, medicated probiotics, grit, and then some mealworms and black oil sunflower seeds (only about a handful of those two treats a week).

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss! I live in Missouri, the weather has been in the 70s lately but of course you never know. I feed a mix of starter, medicated probiotics, grit, and then some mealworms and black oil sunflower seeds.
Sucks to have to deal with Marek's.

Be careful with both the meal wirns and seeds...make sure you only offer a small amount once or twice a week.
Those are treats...think junk food.

-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom