Hi!

I’m a very new chicken owner, just having gotten chicks 2 weeks ago . I’ve got 6 Buff Orpingtons, 2 being 3 weeks old and the other 4 being 4 weeks old.
Being in the suburbs, I don’t know anyone else who keeps chickens or has ever kept chickens.
I’ve wanted them since I was in school and I decided to get them now that I have a backyard!
:welcome :jumpy

I’m a very new chicken owner, just having gotten chicks 2 weeks ago . I’ve got 6 Buff Orpingtons, 2 being 3 weeks old and the other 4 being 4 weeks old.
Being in the suburbs, I don’t know anyone else who keeps chickens or has ever kept chickens.
I’ve wanted them since I was in school and I decided to get them now that I have a backyard!
Welcome to BYC!!

Glad to meet you, and welcome to Back Yard Chickens, your new virtual neighbors who all have chickens (and ducks, quail, peacocks, and more!) Congratulations on your lovely sounding flock, and best wishes from New England.

Here are a couple of my favorite starting out articles:
1. Intro to chicken keeping
2. Ventilation with links to coop designs by climate (ventilation is key for chicken health!)
3. Protection from predators
4. Common mistakes & how to fix them

Do you live where it's coming on to winter now? do you get winter weather? Here are 2 more articles:
1. Dealing with a muddy coop and run
2. Winter chicken care

Back
Top Bottom