Hi :)

SoFluffy

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 18, 2011
Hi, I'm new here, I'm in Year 7, I live in Australia and my father raised chickens when he was young. I have 2 White Plymouth Rock chicks, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock chicks and a hen that I'm not too sure of which breed it is. I got the chicks in mid-April when they were 2.5 weeks old and now they're really big, in fact they're almost as big as the hen herself. I live in the city and have a big backyard so the chicks and the hen have lots of space to roam around. We have moved the coop further away from our house too before my favourite chick Fluffy starts to crow and possibly annoy the neighbours.

P.S How do I upload my pics from my desktop folder here?

Last edited:
Hullo Fluffy!
frow.gif

Welcome from Australia also!
big_smile.png

I'm a city backyarder
tongue.png
We had a coop already in the garden when we bought the house, and the neighbours gave us a bit of background about the previous owners having chickens.
I think we got our chicks at around the same age, they were still obviously chicks but had little red feathers sprouting out as well
gig.gif

The cutest thing of all is watching them grow enormous bodies... but they still cheep and have practically non-existant combs!
Is Fluffy a rooster? You should make sure that's allowed, because in the city here we aren't allowed to have roosters and my neighbours had to send away one of their chicks who grew up to be a boy
hmm.png

Anyhow, I'm in Year 10, so we're not too far apart. Come hang around Games, jokes and fun, there are a lot of us young 'uns over there
lol.png

thanks and yeah, Fluffy's a rooster...thinking of putting it in a soundproof shed or using the blackout effect or something.

Quote:
Let's just hope nobody complains. I'm sure the council can't get rid of Fluffy if nobody minds him being there!

I'm also worried that one of my BPRs is a male too as it's aggressive (well it was alot when it was young but now...). It appears that I have many options to deaden the crowing sound in winter but summer, these ideas won't work, especially with my cold-hardy breed
hmm.png

Yay another aussie! You'll like it here
yippiechickie.gif

To add pics the easiest way I find is to make a photobucket account, upload your photos to it, then you can just copy the links it provides for each picture and paste them onto the forum to post pictures. Also handy if your computer ever crashes, you still have your photos!

It's free, I have one just for my pets
tongue.png

Quote:
Ask around the breeds and genetics or raising chicks parts: there are people who'll be able to help you sex the chicken if you post pictures
smile.png
Personally, I suck at the business, I can't tell the difference
lol.png
One of my pullets was also really aggressive, still a hen
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom