Hi

Welcome!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi and welcome to BYC. I am pretty new here, too. What are the Chanteclers that you have? I have Partridge Chanteclers, which are a Canadian heritage breed. There are also White Chanteclers. Where did you get yours?
I am Canadian (British Columbia) and got my chickens from a farm in BC.

Quote:
Hi and welcome to BYC. I am pretty new here, too. What are the Chanteclers that you have? I have Partridge Chanteclers, which are a Canadian heritage breed. There are also White Chanteclers. Where did you get yours?

Hi Mychook, I got my chanteclers from the local feed store (Alaska Feed), and do not know where they got them from. 3 are Buff Chanteclers and 3 are Red Chanteclers. I really *did* want Chanteclers, but had no option to get the Partridge or whites. Maybe next year or the year after! However, I love the temperament of the buffs and reds. :) As far as the whites go, I know they are the oldest and that some people consider them the only real Chanteclers, but I worry about a bright white bird where I live. There are way to many chicken predators, Goshawks/Great Horned Owls, etc... and a white bird is sort of an advertisement for a meal. So perhaps I'll stick with the colored varieties of Chanteclers which might be less noticeable. :)

Quote:

Hi Mychook, I got my chanteclers from the local feed store (Alaska Feed), and do not know where they got them from. 3 are Buff Chanteclers and 3 are Red Chanteclers. I really *did* want Chanteclers, but had no option to get the Partridge or whites. Maybe next year or the year after! However, I love the temperament of the buffs and reds. :) As far as the whites go, I know they are the oldest and that some people consider them the only real Chanteclers, but I worry about a bright white bird where I live. There are way to many chicken predators, Goshawks/Great Horned Owls, etc... and a white bird is sort of an advertisement for a meal. So perhaps I'll stick with the colored varieties of Chanteclers which might be less noticeable. :)

Good thinking and smart move, given your pred situation...

Back
Top Bottom