Hi

alanfarr

Hatching
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Hi I am looking at getting some chicks I only have a concrete yard with a 10ft x 3ft bit of soil is this ok for chickens but my yard is about 25 ft x 15ft

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
That would be suitable, yes. Just make sure they have at least some shade in that area as all that concrete will get hot in summer. The patch of soil will be sufficient for their scratching and dust bathing needs (don't plant anything in it
smile.png
)

Last edited:
I am new here too and just signed up today and have lots of questions about the inside part of the coop. I have an idea about the chicken run, it seems easy to do , but after reading some posts about poop board and laying beds, I thought huh!!. So I have questions. I currently have 9 chickens but they need a lot more space and I was thinking of giving it to them, but I have no idea how to design the coop. the one they have now, I got from a friend. I think it is poorly built. SOOO! what are the different sections that go inside the coop?

welcome-byc.gif
you could grow some "potted" greens for your chickens and maybe get or build them a bigger sandbox so they can dust bathe - while you try to grow something on the patch of dirt.

Some people plant grass and have a wire grate over them up a few inches, so the chickens can nibble on the tips but, not destroy the roots. You could also hang a cabbage ball for them so they get both a toy and greens to eat.

Back
Top Bottom