Hi!

pugglecluck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
chicken court road
I love Backyard chickens and have been getting all the info on how to care for my chicks from here! I'm so glad I finally got to join!I have six chickens, Torchic, an ameraucana, Carol, a golden comet, Draco, a black star, Pippin, a golden laced wyandotte runt with no no lacing who layed 3 eggs, never layed another, Ginny, a buff orpington with very bad eyesight, and Peggyo, a light brahma who loses her leg feathers too much. How are your chickens? I would love to see pictures of them. I have a lot of questions that I know you will have the awnsers to. Why isn't Pippin like a regular GLW? Why can't Ginny see well? And why is Peggyo losing so many leg feathers? Bye and Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif
fl.gif
tongue.png
duc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock. Love your avatar!:)

You may want to post here about Pippin so see if he is actually a GLW.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

What is Ginny acting like? How can you tell she has bad eyesight? Sorry about her!
hugs.gif

Peggyo might be molting. Or have lice, mites or is being picked on. Check for all those things. If it is molting then be sure to feed foods with lots of protein. Give mealworms, meat, peas, quinoa, eggs and oatmeal out often.

Good luck and glad you joined!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Mountain Peeps has given you some good advice and a good link. Definitely post on our What Breed or Gender is This? section and let our experts there take a look at Pippin. Or if you like, you can post Pippin's picture here as well and we can take a look at her for you. You have some really good laying breeds. Golden Comet is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and Black Star is one label under which some hatcheries market their Black Sex Links. Both Black Sex Links and Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. I've raised both types of sex link hybrids for years and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out over 300 eggs per hen per year. You are going to get a lot of eggs from Carol and Draco (if Draco's a she, by the name it sounds like it might be a he). Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with our flock.

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens - if chickens could read & type they'd be posting here about their owners' problems. Turnabout is fair play

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

It is unfortunate that our chickens can't talk and tell us what is ailing them!

Good luck with your flock and we do welcome you to ours!

Thank you so much for awnsering! We only have hens, because our neighborhood doesn't allow roosters. I will try to put on a Picture of Pippin as soon as possible. She only has little yellow dots instead of lacing, and she doesn't have a pea comb or a single comb, more like a flat, pancake comb that almost covers her eyes that was black when she was young, but now is is pink with grey edges. She is small and her wattles are ENORMOUS. And her eggs are very small and wrinkled. We give her oyster shell, though. She's also 100% adorable.
1f604.png
Ginny has a squint, and she is always a couple centimeters off of whatever she's pecking. She usually ends up eating my hand instead of her meal worm. Peggy-o's feathers don't look like they have been picked on, but they leave blood on her feet. Again, Thanks Soo much for helping!!
1f423.png

Update: Your right, Micheal OShay! Draco and Carol are the best layers of our flock, and their eggs taste great! Thanks for your advice, everyone!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom