Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickadee83, Jan 5, 2015.

1. chickadee83

chickadee83 New Egg

Jan 5, 2015
    I never know how to start these [​IMG] my name is Tammy & I live in Oregon. I don't have chickens yet but I'm hoping to have some this spring. I've already talked to my city & got approval, I've talked to my property management company & they okay'd it, now I'm just hoping I can get approval from my home owner [​IMG] I'm praying everything works out because I love this house, but if chickens are out of the deal I may have to find another place.

I have a small amount of experience with chickens threw my FIL but IMO he didn't take care of his very well [​IMG] so I stayed out of the situation. I have owner other farm-ish animals, my last was a goat & rabbits (which are next on my list if I can talk my husband into it)! But, I'm really glad I found this site because I have a feeling I'll need some help/advice along the way.

Anyway, that's me.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!! I sure hope you can keep chickens in this new place! Some people have resorted to House Chickens since they are unable to keep them in the neighborhood!! Yes, they put a diaper on one or two of them and they are now house pets! LOL So it can be done.

Well, keeping my fingers crossed you can keep a few hens! Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you joined our flock. Congrats on the approval to get your own chickens. There's loads of info on this site. I would suggest you visit the learning center for basic information. There's lots of coop ideas in coop/run threads. Feel free to ask questions and share your experiences. Again, welcome and good luck with your new adventure.

4. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

5. BonRae67

BonRae67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    Welcome. Love the site and all the loving peole that make it up. They have been very helpful to me I hope you find it helpful to you.

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. dragon30276

dragon30276 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2014
    Senoia, GA
    [​IMG] Good luck

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps