HI

smallfarmTN

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2015
Hey folks. Just found this site, it looks like a place I can really learn from. Looking forward to talking to you.

Im new to welcome. Ever since I began my neverending voyage of knowledge ive always ended up coming here for info. Finally decided to just join.

welcome! there is lots to be learned here-and I'm impressed at how caring and knowledgable everyone is! I've been reading a lot to get ready for this challenge

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Yiu ahve certainly come to the right place for all the learning. Have you dropped by the learning centre? Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Lots of super articles on all aspects of chicken keeping. Housing, feeding, keeping your flock safe and healthy.
Do you have chickens at the moment? Be sure to ask any questions everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

I have 11 hens, 1 rooster. My rooster is a leghorn/Wyandotte mix. My Hens are: 2 Wyandotte's, 4 austolorps, 1 Welsummer. The rest of my hens are Mixed. My wyandottes were really broody the first two years after I got them, last spring one didn't go broody at all and the other sat for seemed like for ever without any hatching. So I bought a bator a week ago and figured id try it out. I get about 8 eggs a day so I think some of my older ones aren't laying as often or they just haven't caught up with spring yet. So I collected a dozen eggs for bator and im excited to see if they hatch.

Welcome!
frow.gif

Hi and welcome to our flock!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! This website truly is an excellent resource for learning and keeping chickens.
smile.png
I learn something new all the time, just by reading forums and posting. It sounds like you have a lovely flock. Wyandottes are my favorite breed of chicken, and your other breeds have good reputations, too. Good luck with the incubation! Incubating eggs can be very exciting and addicting.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We'll be happy to help! Welcome to BYC and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom