High Calcium Pigeon Grit (red)

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! I got a bag of this stuff when I *thought* I was going to be raising pigeons:
Kaytee Bay-Mor Hi-Calcium Pigeon Grit is a necessity when feeding a grain-based diet. In addition to promoting proper food digestion, it provides many of the essential nutrients usually lacking in typical pigeon grains.
Ingredients:
Calcium Carbonate, Granite Grit, Oyster Shell, Salt, Charcoal, Anise Oil, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Copper Oxide, Iron Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate.

Is there any reason I shouldn't mix a handful in with the hens oyster shells?
Or just add a separate bowl with this 'grit'?
Thanks!
smile.png

Lisa​

I bought some too, but in error. I don't see why it would be a problem, but I'm not a poultry nutrition expert. I leave that to my chickens.
wink.png

Since red grit has a high ratio of calcium, do you also need oyster shell. Where can I find red grit?
Thank you as always!

It wont hurt them and it's mostly oyster shell anyway (Calcium Carbonate)​

Anyone? Is this grit better for my babies?

If they are free range, or have access to the ground, they probably don't need grit at all.

This product is mostly oyster shell or limestone, since they are the same thing​

Quote:
Or just add a separate bowl with this 'grit'?
Thanks!
smile.png

Lisa

As long as your just feeding it to hens that are in production you will be fine.
The amount of Calcium (Ca) that is in that product would way to high for Roosters and chicks.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom