High humidity in nurture 360

Cistan

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2022
Help!!! I have opened my valve fully and taken water out( haven’t waited the 2 hrs) for it to adjust, but how else can i make the humidity back to 50-55% . It’s currently at 70% and i just put my eggs in today, granted i added a lot of water to the “a” pod but i did that the first time and it was fine worked just right and then went up on day 6 which i was concerned but my chicks hatched well. This time the humidity is up day one and it doesn’t seem to go down with removing water and with the valve all the way open as it suggests to do . Help !!! I don’t want my fertilized bought eggs to die 🥺🥺🥺🥺
Oh i also relocated the incubator to the spare bathrooM inside the house, from the detached garage, where it’s high humidity … it’s not high humidity in my house we have ac and so it’s better. HELLLPPPPP ( I’m just being proactive)

Attachments

• 1C4F0D25-2082-4E99-832C-17F7D6BEBA51.jpeg
    1C4F0D25-2082-4E99-832C-17F7D6BEBA51.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 25
Do you have another hygrometer you can check with? I have a tiny one that I use to calibrate my incubator before each hatch. You can verify your reading that way. If it's really too high then I will take a small piece of paper, fold it over several times (whatever thickness gets you the right reading) and put it over the edge where the cover meets the bottom of the incubator to make a very small gap. That will allow a little more air flow and reduce your humidity. Just make sure it's seated well so your cover won't slide or get bumped off. You may have to adjust quite a few times to get it right. I would try to bring it down slowly. You have to wait each time to let everything settle, to know what you end up at. Since I'm in Florida, high ambient humidity is the norm here, so I keep an eye on it and often need to make adjustments with weather changes.
Since this is day one, you are likely fine and have time to get it right. You can find hygrometers for incubators on Amazon.

I calibrate my separate hygrometer and then use it to check the one on the incubator.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...libration#kpvalbx=_V4fYY5KRO4KlqtsP5aeuuAo_33
You are supposed to contact the manufacturer before trying to recalibrate the meter on the incubator, it's factory set. I use the separate calibrated hygrometer to check the incubator one, and if it's off by a few points, I just adjust my reading by that much to know what it actually is. Mine generally runs pretty close.

Help!!! I have opened my valve fully and taken water out( haven’t waited the 2 hrs) for it to adjust, but how else can i make the humidity back to 50-55% . It’s currently at 70% and i just put my eggs in today, granted i added a lot of water to the “a” pod but i did that the first time and it was fine worked just right and then went up on day 6 which i was concerned but my chicks hatched well. This time the humidity is up day one and it doesn’t seem to go down with removing water and with the valve all the way open as it suggests to do . Help !!! I don’t want my fertilized bought eggs to die 🥺🥺🥺🥺
Oh i also relocated the incubator to the spare bathrooM inside the house, from the detached garage, where it’s high humidity … it’s not high humidity in my house we have ac and so it’s better. HELLLPPPPP ( I’m just being proactive)
@Cistan, were you able to lower the humidity?

Back
Top Bottom