High humidity?

I'm so sorry...lol..don't call hubby then!!!....Do what Kstaven says and good luck...It always turns out that way for me too when hubby is away...100 things go wrong!!...Glad you have it coming down...it will be ok....

I have the humidity at 72% right now.... another spot check while taking a break from other much needed duties of the night. I am hoping it will stay right about there until midnight when I will hopefully
fl.gif
be going to bed. THEN I will be up all night worrying that the humidity is going to be back up... and so on and so forth... I am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow afternoon so I can't constantly check the hatcher.

And I had to call hubby anyway, the poor man is going to be sick of me calling if he isn't already. Ran into problems with the other chicken duty I am doing.......
th.gif

The humidity keeps going to 80% and I am having problems keeping it down, unless I take all the eggs out I can't get any water out. Should I take the eggs out and get some of that water out, or will they be ok? I just don't want to screw this up with him not here..... I really don't want to here the I told you sos.

Thank you so much everybody, looks like I can sleep tonight! I think it will be very good that I will have to be at work for almost 10 hours tomorrow. I won't be hovering over our hatcher! Now, if I could only find my camera.....

We have usually high humidity here where I live in the 70-85% range. The first night my humidity with no water and plugs out stayed high in the 70+ range. The next day and since then it had dropped nicely and has been in the 35-45% range, which is what I want since I'm trying the "dry incubation" method.
No problem for the last 6 days. I just candled them last night and was very happy
smile.png
Out of 30 brown eggs I only found a couple clear ones, most of them had a dark shadow and nice air sack, some even had a definate embryo and blood vessels growing. I'll keep the humidity low till day 16 I think, then fill the water channels, plug one vent and bump the humidity up to 80% for the lat 3-4 days and hatch.

Cory

Back
Top Bottom