High humidty lockdown

Calicokitty

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone I am currently in lockdown with my button quail eggs, they have been on around 50-55% humidity for the first 13 days and now it's at 84% as I've filled one of the reservoirs (was using a sponge and lid cap before this) as the humidity was not keeping! Now I am stuck on how to get my humidity down without opening the bator- is this humidity too high or will it be okay?? Any advice appreciated:)

Hi everyone I am currently in lockdown with my button quail eggs, they have been on around 50-55% humidity for the first 13 days and now it's at 84% as I've filled one of the reservoirs (was using a sponge and lid cap before this) as the humidity was not keeping! Now I am stuck on how to get my humidity down without opening the bator- is this humidity too high or will it be okay?? Any advice appreciated:)
84% is way too high, & you have to lower it by opening the lid. Does the lid have a plug, if so remove the plug for more air flow?

No only 2 air holes, will it be safe to remove the lid for a couple of mins to remove some water? It's day 14 out of 16?
Okay.

Yes, it's safe to remove the lid for a minute, or two. It won't shrink wrap the chicks. Shrink wrapping happens over the course of 6 - 12, or more hours of low humidity.

I do have one more quick question, what is the maximum humidity for button quail during lockdown?
I believe it's similar to chickens, I've never hatched quail before.

My aim is 55% - 65% humidity. Some people go as high as 75%, but last time I went that high, I drowned chicks.

Back
Top Bottom