High humidty lockdown

Calicokitty

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone I am currently in lockdown with my button quail eggs, they have been on around 50-55% humidity for the first 13 days and now it's at 84% as I've filled one of the reservoirs (was using a sponge and lid cap before this) as the humidity was not keeping! Now I am stuck on how to get my humidity down without opening the bator- is this humidity too high or will it be okay?? Any advice appreciated:)

Quick question, sorry if I'm any inconvenience, but how do chicks drown with high humidity?
Too high humidity throughout the incubation does not allow the egg to lose enough moisture which will cause the chicks to drown inside when they make the internal pip.

75% humidity is too high for any type of egg as far as I'm concerned.

I successfully hatch out quail eggs at 50%.

The humidity level on hatch day is not nearly as important as the humidity level throughout the first 15 days of incubation.

Hi everyone I am currently in lockdown with my button quail eggs, they have been on around 50-55% humidity for the first 13 days and now it's at 84% as I've filled one of the reservoirs (was using a sponge and lid cap before this) as the humidity was not keeping! Now I am stuck on how to get my humidity down without opening the bator- is this humidity too high or will it be okay?? Any advice appreciated:)
84% is way too high, & you have to lower it by opening the lid. Does the lid have a plug, if so remove the plug for more air flow?

Quick question, sorry if I'm any inconvenience, but how do chicks drown with high humidity?
It happens when the aircell gets condensation, or fluid inside, & when the chick goes to internally pip, they breath in the fluid, & drown.

Back
Top Bottom