High or Low

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Ok I got my temps pretty good , not great but pretty good , the only problem I have now is the variance, I can tweek my thermastat and the watter wiggler will be between 98.3-100.4 give or take a few .somethings
Or I can tweek it up a tad and have the temp be between 99-101.8 something like that so if 99.5-100.5 are the ideal what is better being a degree lower for a few minutes or a degree or so higher for a few minutes.

Quote:
I agree
big_smile.png

In the begining of incubation I would say warmer is better. in the first week teh embryo isn't metabalizing enough heat on its own to make a temperature change, instead its evaperating moisture and cooling, sooo incubator temp is 99.5 but eggshell temp is around mid 98. so 100.5 will put you in the about right temp. When the chick is around tow weeks it starts to produce heat on its own and an incubator temp at 100.5 will make that egg temp around 101 or more depending on evaporation..so lower temps work in your favor in the latter part of incubation

Last edited:
I am back.. again I say, always err to the lower temp..\\

fiddling with the temp while the eggs are incubating only brings problems..

the only time to mess with the temp is if it is consistently too high. and if the temp is too low it becomes a judgement call..

my best advice is to set it and forget it..but watch it.

many people just do not understand the exact function of a thermostat. I can tell that by what they write... I am not sorting out any individual, just saying.......

Back
Top Bottom