high protein foods for molting?

I have some spent layers. Don't really want to pressure can them for our consumption. With that said, I am going to skin, clean and grind them (with bone) to feed back to the remaining flock. Has anyone else considered doing this. I usually feed animal proteins, this doesn't seem any different to me, as stated this does happen naturally.

Carol

I have some spent layers. Don't really want to pressure can them for our consumption. With that said, I am going to skin, clean and grind them (with bone) to feed back to the remaining flock. Has anyone else considered doing this. I usually feed animal proteins, this doesn't seem any different to me, as stated this does happen naturally.

Carol

I grind chicken along with other meats to feed to my dogs, and every time I make food for them I set aside portions for my chickens. Don't skin anything either, or remove organs. All I remove is fur/feathers and intestines. All those innards are natural for them to eat!

I never said I don't feed them meat I just said I didn't know that put in there feed thank you very much >:|

Back
Top Bottom