HIgh Quality Black Copper Maran Chicks, Batesville,MS pick up only

Roosterfry

Songster
9 Years
Nov 26, 2010
North Mississippi
Black Copper Marans were originally a french breed that are new to the U.S. I've read that they were the preffered eggs to use by french Chefs and James Bond! They are known for their extremely dark egg color, darker than any other common breed. A true black copper maran should meet the standards listed at MOAC or Marans Of America Club. I got my original stock from the show/dark egg laying lines from the vice president of MOAC and I have continued in my efforts to improve the breed by carefully selecting my breeding stock to continue to improve this new breed! Besides laying a very dark egg these birds are very attractive to the eyes. I'm not sure if the pictures will show this but mine have a green sheen on the feathers with bright copper colored flecks around the head of the hens and the roosters are robustly colored on their back and head. Both hens and roosters of mine have heavily feathered legs wich is considered to be the french standard. On another note this breed is known to go broody on occasion and can sit their own eggs, I just used one of my hens to hatch out a clutch! These birds are also good at making it through the winter because they are heavy bodied. If your wanting a breed that would be good to eat this would be a much more interesting choice than "black or red broilers." They are fast growing similar to broilers and dress nicely at about 4 months old. This breed is as well even tempered and not flighty. This breed is quickly becoming my favorite breed!
Thanks for reading this, if you choose to get some chicks from me you will not be disappointed.

662-934-2588

Rick Stone
Batesville,MS

Back
Top Bottom