High School Age People - What is a 'balanced diet' for a toddler?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Please help me out High School aged people!

Please give me an idea of what a 'balanced diet' for a toddler(a child of 2-4 years old) would be?

It has to do with a discussion I had with my significant other!

About how much young people know about nutrition. I am betting, a lot.

If you could, please, give me an idea of a 'balanced diet' for a toddler, without googling or looking it up, or getting help from an older relative. Just from what you already know.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Candy.

Oh.. wait... I'm not a toddler or a HS age person... but I do want candy!

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I'm neither a high schooler or a toddler, but here a high school person wouldn't know a salad from a lawn. They'd probably say... "umm McDonald's French Fries?"

4. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Uhm, I am no longer a "high schooler" but am in college and believe it or not, I feed my son a LOT better than most older woman I notice do. So, although you may feel that due to one or two teenagers not knowing what to feed a toddler doesn't mean all high schoolers are like that.

On the other side of the fence, they shouldn't be worrying about toddler nutrition. They should be worried about their grades, where they are going to college, etc. Not on getting pregnant and having babies.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Havent you heard? Its the new COOL thing, to be pregnant and 16. Just ask MTV. [​IMG]

6. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Yes, cause all teenagers should look to MTV for good/clean fun and FANTASTIC examples of how to live their lives [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ugh, society today, eh?

7. 20123001

20123001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    Delavan, Wi
    Weel ,as it so happens i am a jounior in high school, we did take some health classes so ill try to remember! Ok here it goes: Im pretty sure they need milk, because its a good source of vitamin D. THey also need those cans of baby food to get fruits and vegetables, suck as mashed carrots or something along those lines. Hmm lets see they also probably copuld eat that baby oatmeal and those tiny little crakers for little kids. THats all i think! i have know idea what thery are supposed to eat but these are things they can eat! hopefully i didnt ruin anyones reputation about High schoolers! [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Sorry y'all, but I agree. I've seen what my SD allows her son to eat. It's a wonder the kid isn't anemic or worse. As it is, he's hyperactive as all get out from all the sugar that's pumped into him and I'm not just talking about candy or sodas, but in the so-called "foods" he's allowed to eat.

9. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

This is going to be an interesting thread... [​IMG]

10. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    I see a lot of adults that don't know how to feed themselves, nevermind their kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by