High-Speed Internet

What IS dial-up? I've used kind of slow internet but I don't think it was called dial up. Could someone explain?

Quote:
Dial up is the internet connection that makes a bunch of noise when connecting to the I net and is about as slow as it gets when it comes to different connections.

Oofff, sounds bad!

Quote:
Dial up is the internet connection that makes a bunch of noise when connecting to the I net and is about as slow as it gets when it comes to different connections.

Oofff, sounds bad!

Not really if you like spending the better part of forever loading a page
lol.png

Quote:
Heh heh, kids these days ... never had to use a modem and tie up their phone line for hours ... theese kids with their always on Internet connections ...

Back in my day, we WALKED to the Internet, barefoot! A mile through the snow, there and back uphill both ways, lemme tell you.

old.gif

Quote:
Heh heh, kids these days ... never had to use a modem and tie up their phone line for hours ... theese kids with their always on Internet connections ...

Back in my day, we WALKED to the Internet, barefoot! A mile through the snow, there and back uphill both ways, lemme tell you.

old.gif

yuckyuck.gif
My Memaw had dial up and once upon a time my family probably had dile up
tongue.png

Quote:
Wow.

Dial-up means you plug a regular phone line into your computer and tell it to dial an internet access number. The fastest it goes is about 56k baud.

Well I'm happy I've never experienced dial up. I like being able to check all my favorite sites within an hour!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom