higher humidity = lower temp??

cici_p

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Is this correct?
I have still been experimenting with my homemade incubator. Currently have been playing around with raising the humidity. Got my humidity up to 60%, but then the temp in my water wiggler dropped a degree over night. Is this a normal adjustment with the humidity, or due to something else??
What do you guys do when you have to raise the humidity to 80% at the end? Do you have to adjust the temp?

I have never had to adjust the temp. I also have never been able to get the humidity over 75%. But have had good luck with it at that for hatching. After they start hatching I have to remove the plugs b/c they humidity gets so hi it rains off the lids.

I just had the same thing happen with my store bought incubator. I realized my humidity got too low. So, I raised it substantially (15%) and temp went down a degree and stayed down. I had to finally adjust thermostat.

Laura

Hotter air should hold more water so in order to get a higher humidity you need warmer air. Colder air will cause the moisture to condense because it can't hold it.

Back
Top Bottom