Hiland Naturals Brand (Non-GMO ) Poultry Feed - Would like to hear your experiences please.

Yep...I find the feeding less to be true...I cannot attest to an exact 40 to 50 percent but it is less.. I am paying between 21 and 23 dollars for a 50 lb bag depending on where I get it, I have been lucky enough to have had a feed store carry it and got th word out to a couple others..quite honestly they have a tough time keeping it in stock here ,Highland has become quite sought after..and I urge anyone who consumes eggs from their chickens, their chickens, or any food at all to educate themselves on GMOs...paying a little extra to keep them out of your body will save your life.

To be fair though I want to add I do offer live meal worms I raise myself and I allow free range on my days off and flats of organic wheatgrass I sprout and grow for the days they are enclosed...so there are some added treats

I know this is an old thread but are you buying Hiland Naturals poultry feed for your chickens now?
How has it worked out for you which feed are you using and where do you get it at in your area?
Thanks! Looking for high quality (NON GMO) POULTRY FEED...

I feed Hiland starter, grower, layer, and add some Hiland
scratch for fun once in awhile..I feed Hiland from day 1 ...this is the only feed my chickens get as far as feed goes they love it and they grow well on it. I live in Fairview Pa. thats a township just outside Erie and about 15 minutes from the Ohio line and I have been able to get it at an area co op and also my local feed store I know of a few others in the area I have turned on to it and they are also very pleased.My chickens do not seem to require much feed they get a bit of free range time while I am home after work and I do grow them flats of wheat grass for the days I cant get them out and I raise meal worms for an added treat before bed so they do get some extras but not alot ..I think the Hiland serves them VERY well ..I am so happy to have found it and most of all to have a product like this available..great quaility and good for myself and my animals...the price? Hiland feed is not expensive I pay 21.99 for 50# I am feeding less and I know I am getting wholesome stuff..I think its a deal !..I could go on forever about GMOs and my reasons for staying away from them but in short I dont believe any of of us can afford not to stay away from them... ;) HAPPY HILAND FEEDING

A friend started selling Hiland Natural feed a year or so ago, and I was buying through her. The grains were whole and it looked like you would want feed to look like, not compressed pellets or crushed into dust. While I can't say that they ate much less than the regular feed, I don't think I was focused on that as much as knowing I was feeding them a high-quality feed (along with whatever "treats" they got). Still, they may have eaten a slightly smaller volume than of the pellets they were getting before.

My friend stopped being a seller, and my local Rural King started carrying some Hiland feed, but it is the crumbled/dusty style. I don't know if that's what I'll keep buying or not. I may for the younger flock (just four months old now); my year-old hens are getting a bag of feather-fixer feed as the rooster had been pretty rough with them lately and I am hoping this feed helps. (The rooster has been segregated until the younger, larger flock is old enough for him to be introduced to them).

Anyway, if Rural King would sell the whole-grain style, I would keep buying it because I do feel like it is better feed all around. I'll have to see where else I might buy it if I can still get it for $20 or less per 50-pound bag.

I feed Hiland starter, grower, layer, and add some Hiland
scratch for fun once in awhile..I feed Hiland from day 1 ...this is the only feed my chickens get as far as feed goes they love it and they grow well on it. I live in Fairview Pa. thats a township just outside Erie and about 15 minutes from the Ohio line and I have been able to get it at an area co op and also my local feed store I know of a few others in the area I have turned on to it and they are also very pleased.My chickens do not seem to require much feed they get a bit of free range time while I am home after work and I do grow them flats of wheat grass for the days I cant get them out and I raise meal worms for an added treat before bed so they do get some extras but not alot ..I think the Hiland serves them VERY well ..I am so happy to have found it and most of all to have a product like this available..great quaility and good for myself and my animals...the price? Hiland feed is not expensive I pay 21.99 for 50# I am feeding less and I know I am getting wholesome stuff..I think its a deal !..I could go on forever about GMOs and my reasons for staying away from them but in short I dont believe any of of us can afford not to stay away from them...
wink.png
HAPPY HILAND FEEDING
Wow. $21.99 for a 50 # bag? It is $48.99 for a 50# bag on their website. I would love to feed this to my chickens but that price is just too expensive. I tried to find a dealer in my area but their website showed no results. Where do you find it so cheap if you don't mind me asking?

Lake City,PA about 15 min. From the ohio line...at Neiger Milling and I have gotten it in Union City , PA before I found it closer to home for $23.99 a bag at thr Crawford County Co- op because I work out that way once inawhile...and yes i am lucky to be able to get it so close to home and at a good price my girls are doing very well on it...they have never had anything else as far as feed

Boy you are lucky. I am from Johnstown PA originally, but am in CA now. I guess I am just out of luck on this feed. I am going to ask my local feed store about carrying it though and see what they say.

Just got our first five eggs and the shells are really nice and hard with just Hiland food and no oyster shells. Girls love the food too.

YEP MY 6 RIR STATED LAYING 3 WEEKS AGO??THEIR ENTIRE DIET IS JUST HIGHLAND NO SUPPLEMENTS OR OYSTER SHELLS AND THE EGGS ARE BRIGHT YELLOW YOLK AND VERY HARD SHELL! MORE THAN PLEASED WITH HIGHLAND!

Back
Top Bottom