1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hilarious Hatching Story!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Silver Silkie, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Silver Silkie

Silver Silkie Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2013
    Fredericksburg, TX, USA
    A few weeks ago I found my hen, Ockty, on a clutch of eggs. I moved her to the coop and waited. Her eggs hatched and now I have a couple of fuzzballs running around. A few days after they hatched, I noticed another hen (Button) that went missing. Our dog and I tracked her down and found her in the log pile on the side of our house, on a clutch of eggs!!! [​IMG] I had to put her in our coop in a plastic container because she tried to attack Ockty's chicks. Two broodys and I'm planning on ordering chicks!!! [​IMG]

2. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Have any pics? I love this! Sounds like my hens. I had one hen go broody because she was secretly flying out of the pen. (Old English Game) and you don't know how long I searched and searched and worried myself sick and then here she comes showing me her new brood like she was saying "sorry I was sneaking off dad now you know why" kind of look. Then I had another go broody because she made a nest under the hen house. It's like they take turns..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by