HILARIOUS! Y'all have to check this out!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missred871, Jan 14, 2011.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    you all have got to check this out: http://www.blurtit.com/q706977.html

I
    swear sometimes I cannot HELP but laugh at peoples unknowingness.... [​IMG] There is seriously some hilarity here. I know I shouldn't laugh but i challenge you not to laugh at the women who actually said she thought her ducks was pregnant..... seriously.... check out all the links to the right side of the page there too it is extensive.... I mean wow. I get it if you don't own ducks but if you OWN them you should atleast know that your ducks are not PREGNANT.... and she isn't going to go off and lay a whole clutch of eggs in one day... wow..... [​IMG]

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Did she name it Octomom? [​IMG]

3. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    JustAChickenLittle&More :

Did she name it Octomom? [​IMG]

buahaha I dont know but that was a good one! [​IMG]

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

Oh wowza... no comment..

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Hey now! Don't you know that everything you read on the Internet is true????

Kidding! That is hilarious! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ducks don't lay in the water? Hummmmm, someone needs to tell my girls that. they didn't get the memo.[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing. I needed a good laugh.[​IMG]

6. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    This is hysterical! There was someone who posted something simmaler on another forum. my. goodness. [​IMG]
    Emily

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    So glad to see the last post included a link to this forum.

I think there are a few people who commented there- who would benefit greatly by getting the right information here.

While some ducks will lay and egg in water- others often find their way into ponds by being dropped or rolled by various means.

I love the term " eggnant" to describe a duck near to or already laying eggs - its cute but to refer to a duck is pregnant is uneducated. I even laugh a little when I see people write about their ducklings being " born" rather than hatching. While some references are because of a lack of experience or knowledge of the right terminology and even sometimes just being cute and trying to humanise the new arrivals - It worries me that there would be a proportion of these people who dont know the right terminology- that also dont know how to correctly care for a duck in regards to the correct feed and housing requirements.

8. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    "We have a duck that keeps dropping eggs into the pool while flying over. Two were just shells and one was a mostly form duckling that the Shell was oozing out of"

I vote this one as the best![​IMG] Dropping eggs while flying over!!!! I want to see THAT![​IMG]

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They were doing bombing runs. RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr SPLASH!!!

10. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Quote:And how is it that a duck flys over a pond and lays and egg with a duckling already starting to form in it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by