Hinges

Bfrehn

Hatching
May 24, 2024
I have an outer "winter" door on my chicken coop and then a lighter weight screen door on the inside, much like you might have 2 doors to the house. I beefed up the screen door and now cannot,get it hung back up with the hinges. Seems like I have tried those dang hinges every,which way but they either rub the wood from door to where hinges attach to the coop or the door does not open more than a foot, tough to get in!! I need a very simple explanation on how to hang the screen door so it works smoothly!! Wasted 3 1/2 hrs on this project today!

I have an outer "winter" door on my chicken coop and then a lighter weight screen door on the inside, much like you might have 2 doors to the house. I beefed up the screen door and now cannot,get it hung back up with the hinges. Seems like I have tried those dang hinges every,which way but they either rub the wood from door to where hinges attach to the coop or the door does not open more than a foot, tough to get in!! I need a very simple explanation on how to hang the screen door so it works smoothly!! Wasted 3 1/2 hrs on this project today!
I'm really sorry! I'm going to ask the moderators to move this to the building forum where you'll be more likely to get some answers :)!

Yes @Bfrehn we need pics both before and after.

Back
Top Bottom