Histoplasmosis

petlove

Songster
11 Years
Jan 27, 2008
Skiatook, OK
Since I have moved to my home here in Oklahoma, 2 of my dogs have come down with histoplasmosis. The previous owners attracked alot of birds to the yard. Is there anyway of getting rid of it? My chickens are on the back part of the acre. The immediate yard is where I need to clean up. Any suggestions much appreciated.
hu.gif

I don't know anything about it in animals but my Father-in-law got this about 26 years ago and it isn't very good to have. He got it from living across the road from commercial chicken houses that they cleaned out yearly. He was in the hospital for a long time (several months) What they did was coat his lungs with something to stop the spread of it. He is on Oxygen now. Like I said this was 26 years ago and I'm sure they have came a long way with meds now. It took them a bit to figure out where he got it because he hadn't been "around" chicken litter but eventually they figured it out that it was indeed coming from across the road, it spreads though the air, so with them cleaning it out and stirring it up, it went about 1/4 mile through the air and settled into his lungs. Good luck with your animals.
Shirley
Edited to answer your question.... silly me! I really don't know how a person would go about cleaning it up. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you there.
smile.png

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom