Hiya ;)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Sorry you lost your girls. Dogs can be sheer hell on a flock. I hope it will never have the opportunity to attack your chickens again.
Good luck with Pilgrim! Super cute names by the way. I'll have to ask your wife to help me name my new chicks in the spring!!

Just recently started with chickens. I was at the local fair (in Lihue, Hawaii on the island of Kauai) and found a seller who had Cinnamon Queens. Bought our first three who my wife named Bippity, Boppity and Boop. We had all three for about three months before a neighbors dog took Boppity and attacked Boop. Sadly both died. So now we have Bippity left. Thankfully a friend gave us another chicken to keep her company. Since that happened Thanksgiving weekend we decided to name her Pilgrim since she journeyed to her new home!

Anyways, I decided to join because I have found lots of great advice here the past few months as we have had to find how-to's on cleaning, helping with injuries, and more. Everyone here seems awesome and the advice given is great! Thanks for a superb place to talk with others about things we all find important!
Great to have you aboard. Damn dogs.... One got my NHR before I got her. Missing feathers on her neck. Area is quite red. I don't think she'll ever get the feathers back. Doesn't seem to bother her. I was all closed and healed when I got her. She sorta reminds me of a roo. She will alert if any things about. She did when I first got them. And made a beeline for the enclosed run. I turned around and there was my next door neighbor's black lab in my driveway.

I know I have skunks around because I smelled them before I got the chickens. Human urine a great invention, along with Irish Spring soap. So far so good. My girls get up in the coop as soon as it's dark under the kitchen table. I just have to close the door.

Hope you get that dog under control. Once they get that predator attitude hard to break.

01EBC291-D696-4DD7-97A6-47E8F3650087.gif

574E9913-4BD3-42FB-A042-EFAA6A086657.gif

Back
Top Bottom