Hmm...I was wondering?

peapickinchicks

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, KY
I was wondering if anyone else has linoleum floors in their coop. I know I need litter in nest boxes for when they lay, but is it necessay to have deep litter on the floor in the summer if you sweep everyday?

ive seen plenty of coops with it in them,, but if you dont put enough "bedding" down, when you go to sweep, your gonna just end up wiping poo all over,, the bedding will dry it up,,, cause "wet"poo is jus nasty,,haha.the reason (i think) they use linoleum is for when ya do the "deep" cleaning, its easy to mop and wash.

I have linoleum on my coop floor.

I put down pine shavings and then sweep it and mop it once a week. (Lately, my boys have been doing it on their own.... and I love it)

Makes for easy clean up and the girls love clean up day whether it's Friday afternoon or Saturday morning... there is just something about a freshly cleaned coop every week.

Quote:
haha,, i have to close the coop door on my sunday clean-up,,,they WONT leave me alone,, they love looking for "bits" when i sweep,, and run in to "frolic" hehehe,, in the new straw and shavings ( yes im weird and use both)
lol.png
lol.png

We do. It makes clean up very easy. I am glad that we chose to use it. We brought it from the remnants (sp) section of Home Depot.

Yeah, we put down linoleum tiles and are working toward the deep litter method. DBF put in a removeable board that hold in the shavings when we open the side of the coop to clean it. I may have him put in a wider board eventually.

Quote:
I was wondering if linoleum tiles would be helpful in keeping my coop floor clean. I couldn't figure out how to make it easy to sweep though when there is a board keeping the bedding in. I love the idea of making a board that is either removable or hinged to be able to just sweep it all out!

Back
Top Bottom