Hmm one of my chicks...

kajira

Crowing
Aug 6, 2016
Texas
One of my chicks, that's supposed to be a hen is about twice the size of my other easter eggers. She's also solid brown.
She doesn't look like the others to me, at all. And she's bigger than the "roosters" too.. I mean, granted they are still little right now... but watching "her" - it makes me wonder if she's an easter eggers - or if she's even a hen. LOL

That's our biggest male "chick" next to her and she's alot bigger than he is... and her head shape and pointy feathers on her butt are different than the others.

She's wider then most of the others too, her heads bigger, and just looks different. I guess she could be an easter egger, I've just never seen a solid chocolate one before, all the chicks are yellow, or mottled, sort of. She's solid brown. (the green on the heads are the males they sent us.)

At this young age, none of your chicks would be displaying pointy saddle or hackle feathers - so just enjoy them for now. Easter eggers are not a pure breed - they come from various mixes which would explain differences in color and size.

At this young age, none of your chicks would be displaying pointy saddle or hackle feathers - so just enjoy them for now. Easter eggers are not a pure breed - they come from various mixes which would explain differences in color and size.
I just wasn't sure if it was normal for EE to be completely different sizes, even if their coloring is drastically different.

Look like an Easter Egger to me for sure. What sex it is will have to be determined later. Much to young now to sex.

Look like an Easter Egger to me for sure. What sex it is will have to be determined later. Much to young now to sex.
haha, they promised me she was a hen. ;P our two males have green spots on their head to identify the "Roos" from the hatchery. They better be girls, or i'm gonna be mad. haha!

The brown one looks like an EE to me!
They are too young to know for sure who's a hen and who's a rooster, but in some breeds the hens tend to grow and feather out faster than the roosters do. That may be why the brown chick is bigger then your 'Roos'.

Hope this helps! :)

The brown one looks like an EE to me!
They are too young to know for sure who's a hen and who's a rooster, but in some breeds the hens tend to grow and feather out faster than the roosters do. That may be why the brown chick is bigger then your 'Roos'.

Hope this helps!
smile.png
That is good to know :p

Back
Top Bottom