Hmmm...does anyone have...

I got that call! Can you believe not one survived, according to the PO?!!!!! The hatchery said they were probably left at a distribution center yesterday and got cold or who knows what. What a crying shame!

Now, I have to go pick up 35 dead and have a funeral.
tongue.gif

Next week...

This is a first for me! I'm super bummed!

All of mine sadly died!!!
sad.png

we now have credit ...and we are getting some different ones...

it does break my heat tho!!! and i also have 2 ducks!!
wee.gif

but im soo sad...just everyone let me see your pictures!!!!!

Quote:
i wonder how many other peoples chicks died???

you better call them they will give you some more birds and make sure you ask about not havin to pay for the shipping or the vacs!! thats what i did and they gave it to me ...so all i have to pay for is the chicks!!!

lol....you mite already knoe that but if not....

I called them. I was so mad. Not at them. I don't know who was to blame. Just mad in general... They were most helpful, but did not offer to credit me anything, beyond the original price. I decided it might be wise to wait for a warmer month. Where are you? How cold had it been?

I will call them tomorrow and threaten to cancel the order and see what I reel in. I am super bummed out and was ready for the little buggers. Think I'm kidding? I had to go pick up the little bodies and putt'em a hole. Bad day!

Anyway, we don't kill our birds for food and when we lose just one it upsets us.

What you going to get now?

Here's some pics to brighten the day...

Tweeter and Angel

18168_family_pictures_306.jpg

Siblings... Ya think?

18168_mvc-012s.jpg

I hate to say it but its a bad time of year to order chicks especially when the PO drags their feet. Even ordering in October like i did i lost a few, 2 were DOA and more died within a few weeks. I have horrible luck with hatchery birds and have come to the conclusion that ordering from hatcheries is no longer in my best interest. It breaks my heart when living creatures like that suffered
sad.png
. If it was me in your shoes i'd take the credit and my business elsewhere. Poor babies
hit.gif

I've hatched my own eggs and usually via hen, but I'm not too familiar with hatching eggs ordered via the internet and their success rates. Maybe you or someone else would suggest a good place to get RIR and Blk Slink eggs. I'm willing to give them a try. The more I read about the hatcheries, the more on edge I am about potential problems ...

Eggbid.com is one place to find all kinds of breeds chicks, adults, and hatching eggs. I won a bid on there for serama eggs. The auction was for 6+ eggs she sent me 10, i dropped one so that left me with 9, 2 quit during incubation but 7 hatched with no problems under a broody. It all depends on how the PO handles the eggs. Ebay also has hatching eggs in several breeds so does ovabid or the BST section here
big_smile.png

I am soooo sorry you had to go through this...that's awful. I can't imagine having to pick up my chicks like that. Big hugs to you
hugs.gif

Have you thought about Ideal? One of the main reasons I chose Ideal is because it's in Texas (probably very close to you) and I knew the chicks wouldn't have to deal with a long trip or really cold weather. All of mine arrived the next morning and in great shape. Only one little packing peanut died a few days later, and he had major problems from the beginning (genetic? birth defect? neuroligical???)

Back
Top Bottom