Hmmm...what should my next breed be?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BluMottie, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BluMottie

BluMottie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    ...Rock. Seriously.
    Heylooo there fine feathered members of the BYC, I have a questions you all.

I'm thinking of working with another bantam breed, maybe this coming fall.(not too soon, I want to make sure that I get a good hold with my cochins before I get in over my head)

So does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe faverolles or d'uccles, something interesting and colorful. I'm not a huge fan of brahmas -sorry brahma people, they're awesome birds, but too similar to my cochins for me- and they'd have to be decent with confinement...so! With that out of the way, please give me some ideas!

Thankyou!

-blumot

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

What about evil silkies.... [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    There are some very colorful OEG bantams that run wild in the neighborhood to the south of us. We drove down Flower Street today to look at them and were amazed at all of the colorful hens and roos. And they can FLY!!!

4. BluMottie

BluMottie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    ...Rock. Seriously.
    Lol, evil silkies are gonna getchoo [​IMG]

OEGB's are definitely pretty, so they're on the list, I'm just not sure about wether they have a 'calm and non-aggressive' temperament...seen a few bad incidents at shows.

SO, the list:
    Silkies
    OEGB's

Keep em' coming people!

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Easter Eggers

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I have a couple of Millie Fleur d'Uccle hens and they're very sweet little birds. [​IMG]

7. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    OEGB!! OEGB!!! OEGB!!! They aren't aggressive...just misunderstood! Bantam Shamos are cool!! Japanese are really funny! No Legs!! [​IMG] Seabrights are neat in that they are hen feathered plus their combs are cool...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by