Hmmmm Wondering

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
I'm starting to wonder and am now almost 100% sure DH's cousin that owns land next to us is a theif.

Quite a few strange things have happened around here in the last few years. Gas has come up missing. Tools disappeared. Supplies have disappeared.

A couple weeks ago DS came to the house and asked me if DH had taken all the 3/4" nuts out of the bolt bin. Told him I did not know go ask him. DS stated he had taken 2 nuts from that bin 2 days before and it was full and now there is only 4 nuts left.
DH has been complaining about DS taking certain tools, but upon asking him he claims he didn't.
Last week they went to use the pressure washer I got DH for Chistmas they found where someone had tried to take the valve off and when they couldn't broke it.
This week 2 other things have happened to make me think of this cousin being the theif.

DS has been working for the neighbors, well they gave DS a Craftsman blade that fits on a lawn tractor. He retrofitted it to fit his 4-wheeler when he was bringing it home the mounting plate fell off and he didn't know it til he got home. He went looking for it, well our other cousin found it. The cousin I believe to be the theif tried to claim it as his and wanted it, but the other cousin refused to give it to him. He gave it back to DS.
This cousin also tried to steal our 1" steel tow cable too. They had borrowed it to get a piece of equipment unstuck and the cousin told them to load up his cable and go put it in his shop. The other cousin knew it was ours and brought it back to us.

Told DH we needed to set up our game cameras because if we don't other things will disappear too. All the shops are locked now.

Wow... thats pretty low down...
I hate a thief..
smack.gif

Thiefs are bad enough,but somehow being family makes it so much worse. Definitely setupf game cams and engrave/mark all that you can for ownership proof.

Not nice! Especially when it's someone you know. We've had 3 break-ins/burglaries on our farm this year already. So we asked the neighbor's gardener to house-sit for us when we go out. Then I noticed every time we do that I get very few eggs from my hens. When he left the gate open after I wired it shut I knew. Have a security door on our chicken house now. How sad is that?

It's funny how sometimes the thieves are exactly who we wouldn't expect or want to expect! I'd say bring the whole family and confront the guy. Tell him to toe the line and make aware that you know what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom