HMMMMM...Barred Plymouth Rock + Polish Crested =????

Hi there -

We recently hatched out a young roo on Easter weekend that was a cross between a Silver Laced Polish Roo and a Barred Rock hen. As a chick he developed a perfect mowhawk, unfortunately I didn't keep up very well with the picture taking. Here he is as a young chick:
63837_spike1.jpg

And here he is today:
63837_speedy2.jpg

63837_speedy3.jpg

63837_speedy4.jpg

Pardon the breakfast on his beak
smile.png
He's lean like his Polish dad and just slightly skittish. His crest feathers aren't too full, but are long and flop forward whenever he puts his head down. I'm not sure what your combination would look like, but it's certainly fun to experiment!
Alright! Thanks for the pics! I was dying to know what our two little chicks will look like. The eggs were from barred rocks and the rooster was a silver crested polish.

Alright! Thanks for the pics! I was dying to know what our two little chicks will look like. The eggs were from barred rocks and the rooster was a silver crested polish.
Your chicks will be sex linked, so you'll be able to sex them as soon as they dry from hatching. Males will have a white spot on the head and be barred like the guy in the pics shown. Females will have a solid head and be non-barred.

Back
Top Bottom