Hobby Chickens

Nalex1

Chirping
Jun 29, 2020
Hello,
I am new to having chickens in the city. We had them growing up on the farm, but I wanted to bring a little "rural-ness" to my kids (11, 8, 6, & 4).
We have a coop and area for chicken run, but I was confused on the city's requirements.

Would anyone be willing to come and see if what we have will work? We live just south of Fontenelle Forest and East of Ft. Crook Rd.

We are still getting our coop set up, so no chickens yet. I googled raising chickens in Bellevue and your group popped up.

We are interested in layers.

Nate and Lexi

Hello,
I am new to having chickens in the city. We had them growing up on the farm, but I wanted to bring a little "rural-ness" to my kids (11, 8, 6, & 4).
We have a coop and area for chicken run, but I was confused on the city's requirements.

Would anyone be willing to come and see if what we have will work? We live just south of Fontenelle Forest and East of Ft. Crook Rd.

We are still getting our coop set up, so no chickens yet. I googled raising chickens in Bellevue and your group popped up.

We are interested in layers.

Nate and Lexi
Hello and welcome!
Random but, is Bellevue in WA?

Hello @Nalex1 and :welcome

I would definitely check with your local authorities to see if they can check out your coop for you. I know that the rules vary drastically depending on where you live, so it would be best to check in with them.

I think it's awesome that you're raising chickens in the city. Do you have enough space for them to run around? If not, I would consider limiting the number of chickens you get. :D

Thank you for joining our community, and I'll see you around! :thumbsup

Have an 🥚cellent day!

- Justin

Back
Top Bottom